DGGF Export facility
The purpose of the Dutch Good Growth Fund (DGGF) is to stimulate and support development in low- and middle-income countries through trade and investment support. For this, the DGGF provides alternative financing and insurance to enterprises wanting to invest in or to export to low- and middle-income countries.
The DGGF works according three tracks:
- Financing of investments of Dutch SME (see DGGF-financing RVO)
- Financing of investments of local SME
- Export credit insurance and export financing
DGGF Export credit insurance and export financing
Export of capital- and trade goods, especially to emerging markets and countries in development have a high risk profile. The purpose of export credit insurance is to minimize these risks. Besides this, the possibility to provide financing to your client can be a decisive factor for acquiring an export order.
Export credit insurance is provided by private insurers. For many countries, the country risk and default risk is too high. In that case, it is possible to insure the export transaction on behalf of the Dutch State. Facilities in this framework are implemented by Atradius Dutch State Business, a subsidiary of the private insurer Atradius. Only export transactions of capital goods (machinery, greenhouses, etc.), with a term of 12 months or more, are eligible.
DGGF export facility as alternative
Atradius Dutch State Business is currently conducting two facilities for the Dutch State which are important in this context, namely (a) EKV facility (b) DGGF export facility.
Both facilities relate to export for which insurance is required on behalf of the Dutch State. The DGGF export facility is an alternative in case EKV facility cannot be used for example because of:
- The country limit for this EKV facility is reached or
- the EKV facility is not open for the specific country or
- because of acceptance policy for debtors.
In that case the DGGF export facility may be an alternative for the regular EKV-facility. The DGGF export facility is available for activities in 66 countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and Latin America. You can check the DGGF-country list whether your target country for export is included.
Contents DGGF facility
To support development related trade and investments, the DGGF export facility can provide:
- Export insurance
Transactions up to € 15 million are possible, assuming the transaction complies with the other requirements set within the program as listed hereafter. The insurance covers 100% of the damage. In case damage is related to defaults of the supplier the coverage is decreased with 2%.
- Export financing
In case no bank is willing to provide export financing, within the DGGF facility Atradius may take over. However the export financing may not exceed € 2 million. Export financing is for example based on prepayment on bills of exchange, promising notes or other guarantees.
- Technical assistance
One of the conditions is that the transaction should have a substantial development impact:
- increasing employment/job creation
- transfer of knowhow and skills
- transfer of technology or innovation
- increases of the productivity of the local SME
- Strengthening the position of female and young entrepreneurs
The main other features of the facility are:
- Only for export of capital goods and/or services.
- Only Dutch SME exporting companies can apply, that is maximum 250 employees and € 50 million turnover or € 43 million balance sheet. Larger companies can apply in case they show that SME companies are benefitting (up to maximum 20% of the facility budget).
- The regular export financing facility (EKV-facility) gives no possibilities for insuring and financing the export transaction.
- The Dutch share in the total transaction is at least 20%.
- Down payment, at least 15% of the total transaction.
- Financing, maximum 85% of the total transaction.
- The credit period must be in proportion to the depreciation period of the capital goods.
- Local costs associated with the transaction, up to a maximum of 30% of the total transaction, can be included in the contract.
- To determine the premium, the country risk, default risk and maturity of the credit are taken into account.
It is in the context of negotiations with your customers important to timely know if you can use this facility. Different forms are available to carry out a quick scan for your business case. Atradius may issue, based on preliminary information, a principle coverage statement for a period of 6 months. It contains the terms and conditions which you can take into account during negotiations with your potential client. If you wish to use this facility we are happy to support you in the various steps.
Please contact us for more information and support.