DeveloPPP - Investment sustainability support
DeveloPPP.de was set up by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to foster the involvement of the private sector at the point where business opportunities and development policy initiatives intersect.
Projects therefore are focussed on activities from which the investing company benefit and at the same time local developments are initiated. This will help companies to organise their international activities on a sustainable basis, as well as to tap into new markets and at the same time improve living conditions for the local people.
Three agencies are appointed to implement the program, each with a specific focus.
- DEG**, works closely with companies to develop concepts for implementing projects with regard to future investment financing. Focus areas are among others, introduction of new products and technologies, sourcing, environmental and renewable energy, water supply, supply chain management, economic and social responsible value chain management.
- GIZ** mainly is specialised in intraregional projects that support political, social and economic changes.
- Sequa** works closely with educational institutions and the main focus is to support business-related, practice-oriented and demand-driven development of vocational training
European companies as well as local companies with minimum 25% shares by European companies/nationals can apply for projects in developing countries and emerging countries. Other organisations such as foundations and institutions can participate in the project.
Each quarter project ideas can be summited (pre-qualification). Based on the nature of your project you can choose one of the agencies. In case an idea is selected, this idea will be elaborated in close cooperation with the agency.
With the DeveloPPP-country list you can check whether your target country is included in the program.
Important criteria and features for applying successfully are among others:
- Subsidy 50% of the project costs with a maximum subsidy of € 200.000.
- Project period maximum 3 years.
- The applicant has a long-term commitment.
- The applying company has a turnover of at least 1,0 million, 10 employees and 3 years of operation.
- The project gives an appropriate development impact in the target country.
- The project is not started yet and is not required by law.
We would be interested in supporting you with developing the project idea, assist you in composing the consortium and assuming we will be successful, support you with formulation of the final proposal and implementation. For any support please contact us.
** DEG - Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH, GIZ - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Sequa GmbH.